Sunday, June 1, 2008

my soul plan

Am a bit excited!!

I journalled the other day on good old-fashioned paper about plans...I know that when i stick to my weight loss plan then i lose weight. I've been at it long enough to see that it works if i persist with it as best i can, never give up, and keep coming back without guilt or pressure. My best is good enough, I've lost 10 kilos, albeit over 17 months, but i've been successful because it hasn't been torturous, and i've set in place some habits which will be lifelong, such as regular exercise, weighing, healthy snacking etc, i know what works for me.

So i realised that i could put what i've learned about weight loss plans into practice re the housework, one of the other big issues in my life. What if i made a plan, stuck to it every day as best i could, without guilt or pressure...Well i have, and already after a few days i feel a lot better. I don't know what it is about this plan that has clicked, heaven knows i've made a zillion plans in the past and never stuck to them....oops i've just inadvertantly stumbled across it: i never stuck to them!! Lol - nothing like a lightbulb moment on the go!! I know that pretty much any sensible plan for anything will work...just do it!!

And the other important point which deserves its own paragraph...once you've made the plan, shutup and get on with it! ie, stop worrying about it, whether it's the right one, whether it will work, how will i get all this stuff done etc etc....if you stick to the plan every day as best you can then the work will get itself done and results wll magically appear!! Yay!! Slightly tongue in cheek there but you get my drift i hope :-)

So now i'm going to create a SOUL PLAN...a plan or a list of things to remember and keep at the front of my mind to nurture my soul. I feel that i really need some nurturing at the moment, and i need it from me.

- if you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always got! ie something has to change, and i know it can happen with practice and committment
- today is a gift not a burden
- go with the flow, don't over plan, life doesn't work like that, and it stifles my freedom to choose and the gift of living in the moment. Also - don't think! you'll sink! just go.....with the flow.....
- balance...in all things
- be yourself, stop worrying about fitting in with others, stop worrying about missing out, live according to your own values and needs and committments, you are free to choose!!
- it's ok to open up to people rather than shy away...most will care, your real friends will
- work smarter not harder
- no whips or cattle prods!!
- do i really have too much to do or is it just my attitude?
- there is no magic formula for anything
- it's not your fault
- no black and white or all or nothing thinking
- there is no right or wrong decision, just do it!
- don't focus on fatigue!
-no doubts, no guilt, learn to trust yourself and go with what feels natural and right for YOU
- practise self-care all the time, every day...you deserve it, you're worth it, you need it....get over your perfectionism and ridiculously high expectations!!

No comments: