Monday, April 21, 2008

Don't let the bastard get you down!!

I've had a bit of a crappy anxious day today. I'm sure it's because i forgot my pills on the weekend....and i was cutting down a bit anyway. On top of having been reeeeeeeeally busy the last few weeks with my sister's wedding and my husband working overtime etc. Smart aren't I? :-)

But instead of completely freaking out and turning into a quivering mess like I really wanted to, I just kept going. I looked at all the things on my list and I did as much as i could. I went for a walk with the kids, I made cakes and icing, i did washing and i tried to stop the guilty voice from telling that I'm a crap mum for not being blissfully in love with the little darlings today, or for not having a tidier house.

And do you know what? I feel a bit better. And i now have a new motto: don't let the bastard get you down!! I know that action is the biggest thing to make me feel better, sitting around wallowing does not, so I will just keep going, how I feel will not stop me from living my life and doing the things I want to do. I will dwell in the positive, not the negative. I will not let the negative have any power.

No comments: