Friday, April 25, 2008

Failure

I'm sooo excited....i've discovered a wonderful website: www.firstourselves.com which is about self-care and combatting perfectionism. Every post so far I love, they have really struck chords within. I'm reading a post now called Affirmation of the week: Failure helps me succeed....and it has started me thinking.

I fail all the time....I fail at being perfect. I fail at reaching my enormously high expectations. The post talks about how we learn from failure, and I'm sitting here not feeling sure what I learn. Actually I'm not sure I need to think about what I can learn and how I could do better - I know it, my inner me is screaming it out at me all the time. I berate myself and feel guilty and just crappy. Also, I need to be wary of ruminating too much over things...thinking about something and dissecting it and turning it over for what I could learn from it and therefore do better is possibly a little self-destructive.

I know that I will 'fail' every day. I think that the best lesson I can learn is about acceptance, and moving on, and positivity. For example: today I probably ate a few more calories than my alotted few...so I sit here feeling guilty. But I went to the gym this morning, i didn't drink any alcohol, i went for a big walk, and I didn't eat as much as I could have. And yesterday I did really well too...all these wonderul positive things to think about!!

So yes, failure will happen, and I can probably learn from it, and it is all part of the process...but I'm not going to dwell on it, I'm going to dwell in the positive, and try to accept me, forgive me, and move on :-)

No comments: